All of the tell-tale signs of Fall are here: the leaves are changing colors, warm hats and scarves have re-entered your wardrobe, and in-season ingredients like apple and pumpkin are popping up on menus everywhere.
Fall is also a great time to incorporate more fruits into your diet. Adapted from The Mayo Clinic, this apples with dip recipe puts a new spin on a classic fruit.
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 apples, cored and sliced
1. Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature, about 5 minutes.
2. To make the dip, combine the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix until smooth. Stir in the chopped peanuts.
3. Place the apples in another bowl. Drizzle orange juice over the apples to prevent browning. Serve the sliced apples with the dip.
When you get cooking, upload a picture onto Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #HealthyPSU for a chance to be the featured image on this blog post!