Are you looking for a healthier dessert option? This fudgy fruit recipe is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth while incorporating fruit into your diet.
The chocolate in this recipe also has its own set of health benefits. Check out the heart-healthy effects of chocolate here. Cocoa, the main ingredient in dark chocolate, does contain flavanols, which have antioxidant effects that can help to fight heart disease, to lower blood pressure and to improve vascular function.
Try this recipe and you’ll end up with a healthy snack that looks just as beautiful as it tastes.
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 large bananas, peeled and cut into quarters
8 large strawberries
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1. Place chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 10 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted, about 30 seconds.
2. Cover a small tray with waxed paper.
3. Dip fruit in the bowl until fruit is completely covered. Place fruit on waxed paper. Pro Tip: Use a skewer to dip the fruit so you don’t lose them in the chocolate bowl!
4. Sprinkle the fruit with chopped peanuts.
5. Cover the fruit and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Serve chilled.
Strawberries and bananas aren’t the only food you can chocolate-dip. What other health foods can you modify with chocolate? Leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to upload your fudgy fruit on Instagram with the hashtag #HealthyPSU for a chance to be the featured image for this recipe.