Get in touch with your creative side in the kitchen! Parfaits are a great way to enjoy dairy, grains, and fruit all in one delectable cup.
This particular parfait contains apples and cranberries. Both are good sources of Vitamin C, which helps to heal wounds and cuts and keeps teeth and gums healthy. You can find the nutritional information for other fruits and vegetables here.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 container (6 oz.) low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place half the granola into a serving cup.
- Layer with yogurt, applesauce and dried cranberries.
- Sprinkle with remaining granola and enjoy.
Did you try using other ingredients? Comment and share your experience with fellow healthy cooks.
Upload your masterpiece on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #healthypsu. Your photo could be featured here!