It may be getting colder outside, but you can still reminisce about the summertime with this salad recipe.
You will make your own dressing with olive oil, which contains a mix of antiox
idants that can lower your “bad” cholesterol (LDL) without affecting your “good” cholesterol (HDL). Make sure you buy extra-virgin olive oil instead of light olive oil, which is usually more processed.
- 5 medium or large ripe tomatoes cut into wedges or 1 pint of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeded if desired, then sliced and halved
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil.
- Add the feta cheese and mint and toss again.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings as desired, and serve.