Did you know cauliflower is packed with antioxidants? Research suggests cruciferous vegetables, like cauliflower, can prevent prostate, colorectal, and lung cancers.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 leek, white part only, split in 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon soft-tub margarine, non-hydrogenated
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Break cauliflower into small pieces. In a good-sized saucepan, steam cauliflower, garlic and leeks in water until completely tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- While cauliflower is hot, puree until the vegetables resemble mashed potatoes. Use a food processor, or if you prefer a smoother texture, use a blender. Process only a small portion at a time, holding the blender lid on firmly with a towel. Add a little hot water if vegetables seem dry.
- Stir in margarine and pepper to taste.
So, how did they turn out? Tag #healthypsu on Twitter or Instagram with a photo of your Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” for a chance to become the featured image on the blog.