Thanksgiving and the winter holidays often mean family, friends, and plenty of food. Because holiday treats aren’t exactly known for their nutritional value, it can be tricky to maintain a healthy diet. Here are some tips to help you navigate your next holiday gathering:
- Eat a healthy snack (try our yogurt parfait or trail mix) before a big meal or get-together. This can reduce the chance that you’ll overeat.
- Take time to savor your food. Eat slowly so you can enjoy the flavors of your holiday favorites.
- Give yourself time to re-assess your hunger before going back for seconds. Catch up with relatives or watch a favorite movie to stay occupied.
- Quench your thirst with water (refreshing AND zero calorie) instead of beverages like cider or punch.
- If you do overindulge, don’t despair! Move on and resolve to do better at the next gathering.