- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small head of cauliflower (about 3 1/2 cups), cut into florets
- 1 cup low sodium cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low sodium canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, garam masala, curry powder, and turmeric and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cauliflower, and chickpeas, and stir until the cauliflower and chickpeas are evenly coated with the spices, about 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, coconut milk, salt and pepper, and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with whole grain naan or pita bread, or over a bed of brown rice.
Recipe adapted from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cauliflower_chickpea_curry/