Penn State Health Promotion and Wellness (HPW) is an excellent resource for student health education and information. Our goals include:
- Increasing awareness and knowledge of health issues, including:
- Sexual health
- Stress and sleep
- Nutrition and fitness
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Body image and eating disorders
- Promoting healthy behaviors
- Providing health education services, programs, information, and materials to students
- Advocating for a healthy Penn State community
Healthy Penn State (HPS) is an initiative led by Health Promotion and Wellness. Healthy Penn State is a holistic approach to promoting well-being that encourages the development and maintenance of a sound body, mind, and spirit. The aim is to improve the academic success of students by enhancing behaviors that promote health and reduce the incidence of behaviors that negatively impact the welfare of students.
HealthWorks and Healthy Penn State Ambassadors spread the word about the Healthy Penn State Initiative by volunteering in HPW. Learn more about getting involved.