Join local instructors for a free, 1-hour, Yoga class on Wednesdays this summer. All equipment is provided, just show up! See you on the mat at 4 pm.
Have you been hard at work studying for finals? Build in breaks so you can recharge and refresh between study sessions. Here are just a few ideas:
- Breathe: Only have a few minutes? Try closing your eyes and taking some deep breaths. Breathe in slowly through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth, letting your stomach rise and fall.
- Get moving: Break up long periods of sitting by getting up and moving around. Do some light stretching, jumping jacks, or go for a quick walk around the building.
- Make time for friends: Build a group fitness class or lunch date into your schedule so you can unwind with others.
- Play: Challenge a friend to a game of cards or bust out the coloring books and crayons for some quiet time. Studying at the library? Enjoy games, activities, and snacks at their Destress Fest from 12/14-12/17.
- Visit the De-Stress Zone in 201 Student Health Center: Listen to relaxing music on iPod stations and practice relaxation techniques using biofeedback programs. Available on a walk-in basis whenever UHS is open.
- Practice yoga: UHS offers free yoga classes through 12/11 (Tuesdays and Thursdays 4-5 pm in 205 Student Health Center). PSU Fitness also offers a variety of yoga classes for students with fitness memberships.