WIP#5 – Benefits of Green Roofs

Green roofs are sick…

Green roofs have numerous positive benefits and advantages over traditional roofs and should therefore be pursued more often in construction.

Green roofs are a relatively new technology that don’t get a lot of press. I personally believe that they are one of the coolest ideas ever and deserve to be shared. As a future engineer, I hope to possibly work with this type of technology. Green roofs are a great tool for helping sustainability in the construction industry. It is a relevant issue to address because they are becoming more popular and have awesome advantages. Green roofs offer so many benefits to the one installing them on the building and to those around. This technology increases efficiency, enhances beauty, and reduces weather effects. These payoffs are beneficial to everyone: the owner of the building, the viewer, and the environment. By implementing these roofs into our cities and neighborhoods, we could make the places cleaner and more beautiful. Some misconceptions are that they are too expensive to make an impact or that they can only be installed in some places due to weather.

This entry was posted in WIP 2nd semester and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to WIP#5 – Benefits of Green Roofs

1. Seamus says:

Another option besides green roof are white roof, just plain white roofs. Supposedly they can cut heating costs of buildings by a huge amount, thus saving energy and the planet. Plus, I think it would be easier to implement.

2. Jack says:

I think a law library here at Penn State has a green roof, but I could be wrong about that. I think they’re very attractive especially on large buildings. It would be pretty cool to have green roofs which you can go up on and lounge around on.