WIP#6 – Advocacy Website Critique

For this assignment I investigated and critiqued the Ku Klux Klan website. I thought this would be an easy website to critique because I do not agree at all with KKK activities. Again: I do NOT agree with the Ku Klux Klan or support them in any way. This is strictly from a critical point of view.  

http://www.kkk.com/

The site starts off with an American flag and a nice, innocent picture of a loving family that even exclaims, “Loving our family!” The page is trying to create a nice atmosphere that will entice people to join the Knights Party of the KKK. They then argue that there is a war against white people and that it is important for white people to reclaim their place. They claim that their Knight’s Party is a group of love; however that is a fallacy because you can’t be part of anything that involves the KKK without being hateful.

If you click on the bottom link, it takes you to the site where you can join the Knight’s Party of the Ku Klux Klan and also become a sponsor by donating money. They want sponsors to be people who are not eligible to join: “Official Supporters are individuals who support our ideals, beliefs, goals, and agenda. They may be men or women who either can’t become Klansmen or Klanswomen because they do not qualify (are not White Christians) or who do qualify but simply wish to be supporters at this time.” They don’t seem to care about equality at all, they only think of themselves.

After checking out the goals of the knights party I found that they believe: “The Knights Party is the last hope for America.” I surely hope that they are not the last hope for America.

Some people asked why they do not change their name, but they even insist on the page that they agree with the founding members and that it is a tactical device. It is slightly tactful that they keep the name because it will be of interest to people and get press, however it will most likely not (and hopefully not) attract more people to join them as they are clearly still a group who does not want equality for all and is actually discriminatory. They are hypocrites if they want white people to have rights and not other races.

This entry was posted in WIP 2nd semester and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to WIP#6 – Advocacy Website Critique

1. jyv5106 says:

I’m not sure why the group even tries to justify itself of a group of love. I don’t believe that the people within the group can really believe that. Then again, there are some really delusional people out there (and I presume KKK members fit that description), so maybe they do actually believe that. Either way, crazy, abhorrent site.