Gaming Profile of Chinmay Garg

Looking into all the games that I have played over the years, and from the one’s I still play currently I noticed a change of genres ranging from strategy, racing, online multiplayers all the way to first-person shooters. I’m gonna begin by going through different categories starting with strategy. In stratergy if I had to choose one game anytime of the day it would be none other than Age of Empires III and II. Both the games were pretty amazing on their storyline as well as multiplayer mode and one of the easiest one’s to set up between multiple platforms within friends. I’ve had people over at my house playing the same game on windows and mac together without having any problems on a WLAN. It’s one of the very few good games based on the Genie Engine used years ago by the Ensemble Studios. Easy to use and particularly friendly to modifications. Recently I have been playing Sim City Mac Delux Edition after getting intrigued by it again once they released a mobile version that I hacked and realized how much I used to love that game.

Sim City iPhone

Sim City iPhone

However, there’s a very particular reason I like that game. The game requires a decision making to think and predict about how would something turn up in a working city, while solving more problems and earning more profit as you go on. And before we end the stratergy portion of the games, it’s very important to mention Dota2. It is clearly one of the best online multiplayer games ever made and I’ve never had experience with LoL but I’m curious on how it stacks up against this. However, I haven’t played Dota2 since a quite sometime.

Racing comes a very close second for me. I generally enjoy most racing games, unless they’re really horrible in gameplay and shouldn’t be called a entertaining source to begin with. I’ve played so many racing games I can’t possibly list all of them but I’m gonna try and list the one’s that have stood out over the years. First in this list would definitely and undoubtedly be Need for Speed : Most Wanted.

NFS Most Wanted

NFS Most Wanted

The entire game was just brilliant, having one of the best finishes in any racing game ever made. The collection of cars was very well chosen alongside the 15 most wanted storyline. The more I think about that game the more it makes me want to play it again. Then comes some other games like Mario Kart, a simple and a very fun way to spend time racing with friends on a summer afernoon. Need for Speed 2 : Special Edition and Midtown Madness 2 are also one of the good ones. If you haven’t played them before they don’t have the Forza Motorsport graphics but they definitely have a capacity to make you wonder “How have I not played this before?”.

Counter Strike - Taken from Mobygames.com

Counter Strike – Mobygames.com

And now comes first-person shooter. Counter Strike : Condition Zero is one of those games I grew up with playing it all through primary school, middle-school and high school. Surprisingly never played the single-player mode though. I still remember making a online server so that all of my friends would join in and we would play for hours. Halo along with Call of Duty is also one of the wonderful games in this category. But if I had to choose between both of them then it would be Halo for it’s campaign mode and Call of Duty for it’s rich online multiplayer. And I would not end this without mentioning the series of games I would stand in line for hours to get a copy of. Grand Theft Auto. The gameplay, graphics, simplistic menu, vivid campaign and the enormous vastness of living inside a world with no rules is just something else. I could definitely go on and on explaining why I like each game and what stands out but in the recent years gaming industry has been a very big part of the entertainment and a way to be social with other people, friends as well as strangers. Whether it maybe fighting on a distant planet or inside a forest with magical powers with orcs, being a simple human or a dragon born. There’s always a part of us that wants that thrill of living a magical life and sometimes maybe just punching someone and stealing his/her car. And this feeling is what leads to people making bigger and better games.

This entry was posted in Gaming Profile and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.