Las Vegas, Nevada

Las Vegas is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States. Just like its nickname “Sin City”, it is full of “adult entertainment,” which means that there is not much to do if you are not of age. In this post, I am going to tell you how you can enjoy Las Vegas as a child, mostly by sightseeing and eating.

The first thing you must know about Las Vegas is that there is not much happening on the streets during the day. (If anybody is up, they are probably gambling. Gambling, as many already know, is a defining trait of Las Vegas. It is legal in the area only because Las Vegas is literally in the middle of the desert, so there is no other source of economy besides gambling and hospitality.) The daytime is the perfect opportunity for touring the interiors of hotels. If you are lucky, you can even take a quick glance at the casinos. Many Las Vegas hotels have a theme, such as Venice, Rainforest, Paris, etc. These themes are even reflected inside the hotel, which are really cool to look at. Many hotels have shops and restaurants inside, so there is a lot to do while you wait for the nighttime to come.

imgres-15 US15513_6 VegasCasinoToday

Once it is night, the real touring begins. Las Vegas is one of the most exciting cities I’ve been to at night. The hotels, shows, and other street activities light up the town that you just cannot take your eyes off. The architecture of the themed hotels, as mentioned previously, are astonishing. Driving through the city, you feel like you are taking a trip around the world. When I was little, I thought that Las Vegas was an amusement park and that each hotel was a ride. Honestly, words cannot do justice for the beauty of Las Vegas at night.

luxor-hotel-casino-las-vegas-01 imgres-16 imgres-17 las_vegas-excalibur

Besides the themed hotels, the streets themselves are spectacular. All the buildings are so bright, and I love that you can take a great tour of Las Vegas simply by driving around. I do not recommend walking unless you want to take pictures because the streets are very dangerous, especially for someone that is not of age. Besides, it will take quite a while to walk through everything. Another popular activity for the nighttime is the shows, such as Cirque du Soleil, Blue Man Group, and magic shows. I know they can be costly, but I definitely think that they are worth it.

imgres-18 Freemont Street at Night, Las Vegas imgres-19

Of course, we cannot forget about the food, particularly the buffets. I do not have a specific buffet that I like. Honestly, they’re all the same. The important thing is that there’s a lot of choices and that the food is prepared by some of the top chefs in the world. I can spend the entire day at a buffet in Las Vegas and not get tired of the food. One time, my family went to a buffet at lunch and stayed till dinner (I don’t recommend doing this because I’m pretty sure we weren’t allowed to).

images-9 excalibur-buffet-las-vegas-big

Next week, I will take you to the east coast!

Comments

1. Matthew Lamas says:

HELLO! My favorite project partner! Las Vegas IS amazing! I went there when I was younger and it is “sin city” for a reason. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to participate in sinful activities, but I vow to return when I’m 21 😉 Your trip sounded extremely fun, haha! Your posts are always uniquely personal! Keep on keepin’ on, Jess ;)!

Also enjoy seeing your boyfriend during break. Had to add that 😉 Lmaoo.

2. Crystal Jagchid Yu says:

I’ve been to Vegas a handful of times and I liked how you included things for people to do our age! The pictures you included were also really pretty and it really brought the post alive. I can’t wait to see what destination you’re going to discuss the following week!

3. Veronica Giuditta Bianchi says:

I’ve never been to vegas, but I’ve decided that for my 21st birthday I’ll go! I’m not much into gambling and stuff, but I feel vegas is a right of passage before completely turning into an adult, the pictures look great, and so do you descriptions. maybe when I do go to vegas I’ll look back at your post to know where to go! Great post!

4. Hannah Conroy says:

I would love to go to Las Vegas, that sounds amazing! I actually have a layover there this weekend, but I feel like going on an adventure alone in Las Vegas on a two-hour layover sounds like a good way to get lost and miss my plane. I totally understand what you mean about thinking it was amusement park when you were little, the way you described it made it sound like one to me too! Your descriptions are so vivid and always want to make me visit the place you describe. Thanks for sharing!

5. Ryan Thomas Winthrop says:

Wow, Las Vegas sounds amazing!! I’ve heard that it is a city like no other, but hearing about your experience and seeing the photos, it truly is like nothing I have ever seen. You described the city really well and now I really want to go. I love the idea of themed hotels; it is creative and entertaining for the tourists. The night life looks so amazing that even I, who is not an outgoing person, would definitely partake in the festivites. I do know a little bit about the entertainment in Las Vegas. I watch Celebrity Apprentice and on two of the seasons, there was a Las Vegas Magician named Penn Jillette who is part of the Penn and Teller magic act. His creativity and illusions really made me interested in Las Vegas. This place is definitely going on my travel to-do list. Loved your post this week!

Speak Your Mind