Out Of This World

Recently, NASA has discovered a new planet. They say it is earths bigger older cousin. This planet orbits around a sun like star. It possibly may be able to harbor life as well. This new discovery is 1.5 billion years older than earth and is 60% larger. Scientists expect it to be rocky but aren’t quite sure yet if the planet is or not. This planets sun like star is also bigger and brighter than our sun. This planet is named Kepler 452b. It is 1,400 light years away from our solar system.  452b was announced a true planet because of its ground findings. It takes a little over a year to orbit around its star; 385 days to be exact. This is a great discovery for NASA because this planet is so similar to earth that it might be habitable. The logos of this event is overwhelming. There are facts upon facts when it comes to planet 452b. There are always a lot of facts on what NASA rules a great discovery in space. The facts help the readers really imagine what the possibilities could be like for humans. They could possibly send people to that planet and actually have them live. Getting people to this planet would be a long process. It could be in earths future though. Since NASA has found the planet people are quick to jump to conclusions. It is not exactly like earth but it is very similar. The possibilities seem endless when talking about what NASA and scientists will do with planet 452b.

4 thoughts on “Out Of This World

1. Great post! You did a great job to present the new discovery. I enjoyed learning something new from your post!

2. Really great job summarizing all the information about NASA’s new discovery. It was easy to read and I learned something new!

3. You did a really good job at presenting the facts of this story. I’m excited to see how it unfolds. Good post!

4. Wow, really interesting to read. NASA is a very credible source when it comes to space. I can’t wait to find out more about planet 452b!