RSS Feed

Week 2 Update

July 19, 2014 by jqs5974   

This place is finally starting to feel like home for me. I’m taking care of myself and all of my responsibilities are on me instead of my parents. As amazing as this independence is, I do sometimes miss knowing that my parents were always right there for me if I needed them. My parents will always be there for me, but it’s a little harder when they’re over 3 hours away. There’s nobody to tell me when to do my work or what to eat, so sometimes it can be hard when I’m in charge of myself. Other then the occasional feeling of homesickness, Penn State summer session has been some of the best weeks of my life so far. The pride that everyone here has for Penn State can’t be matched by anywhere else in the entire country. I have met so many amazing people that have my transition from high school to college so much easier. It’s a shame that there really isn’t much to get involved in during the summer. Aside from a few intramural sports, I haven’t been able to join any groups or clubs yet. I am very excited for the activities fair in the fall so I can start getting involved in some of the thousands of clubs Penn State has to offer and I can meet even more amazing people with the same interests as me. Well that’s about it for my week 2 update. I’m glad I can call this place my home and I look forward to many more good times in the future.we-are-penn-state

2 Comments »

1. jqs5974 says:

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll be sure to look into that

2. rdn11 says:

There are tons of nonprofit organizations that need help — all year round. PSU volunteers is a great resource.

You must be logged in to post a comment.