Conclusion of Passion Blogs

I have always been passionate about good health and strength. As a dancer, I always had a specific fitness routine in order to keep my strength and stamina at the level it was. Coming to college, it was a tough adjustment to find that routine again. I wasn’t able to practice as much and I barely had time to keep up with my fitness. However, the Passion Blogs allowed me to find that routine here. Even though I was unable to practice as much as I did at home, I found that cross-training helped just as much when it came to keeping my strength and stamina within my dancing. Choosing the topic of fitness for my blog truly helped me to find what best worked for me and enabled me to continue to dance. Even after the passion blogs end, I know I will be able to keep up with this same fitness routine, as I have been doing. In the beginning, it was extremely tough to find time to go to the gym, but as I got more comfortable and assimilated into the Penn State community, I found everything that would work for my schedule. The Passion Blogs helped to find myself in this huge school and get back to normal routines, as I had been so use to at home.

Also here is a little update with how dance is going:

Over Thanksgiving break, as some of you may know from my previous blog posts, I competed in the Mid-Atlantic Regional Championships. Despite not having a lot of practice time and the lack of a designated practice area, I mostly cross-trained leading up to this competition. The amount of competitors in my solo competition had dropped dramatically from the previous year, solely due to everyone going away to college and quitting dance. It was mostly the top ranked dancers left in the competition and would be a blood battle for top placements. However, I am proud to say I am 13th in the Region (out of around eighty dancers). I could not be happier and feel more accomplished. Receiving that placement after having this huge adjustment was an achievement all in itself and I hope to continue to keep up with dance and possibly move up in rankings.

Next stop: New Orleans for the National Irish Dance Competition.

2 thoughts on “Conclusion of Passion Blogs”

1. I am happy to hear that you’re dancing is going well. I’ve been reading your blog for a long while, among others, and it is always pleasing to hear that others are moving along their chosen path. Hopefully you keep up the hard work, and keep us in the loop with regards to future projects.