Advocacy Project

I have been brainstorming ideas for my advocacy project about women in engineering. After the consideration of several ideas, I have decided to create a bulletin board at State College High School to encourage high school women to pursue a technical degree in engineering. I will also create brochures to attach in a pocket-type-thing on the bulletin board to offer additional details (statistics, resources, etc). I am planning on contacting the administrators of State College High School early next week to get this project approved. I think this will be a great way to reach high school women during the critical years of choosing schools and majors. I am excited to start the project!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Advocacy Project

1. Lewis Esposito says:

I really like your idea! I definitely think a bulletin board and brochures would be helpful for high school girls considering pursuing engineering.

2. Matt Mielnik says:

I think that’s a great idea! Honestly, people in general need to be introduced to the opportunities related to the field of engineering, but reaching out to women in particular would also be nice. I think the way you plan to do it is a good idea, and I think it will have positive effect on the kids who read it.