About

meWelcome to my blog! My name is Megan Lasko, and I am a junior at Penn State University majoring in nutritional sciences. I’m a total health-nut and huge science-lover, so choosing nutrition as my field of study was a no-brainer! After I graduate, I plan to complete a dietetic internship before eventually earning the Registered Dietitian (RD) credential. I look forward to a career filled with sharing my passion for nutrition with others to improve the well-being of society!

I originally created this website during my spring 2015 semester at Penn State. It is a product of my Technical Writing course (English 202C). I love all things food-and-nutrition related, so my posts tend to focus on my strong opinions of what’s going on in the modern world of FOOD.  I also like to research career paths and opportunities for nutrition majors (there are plenty!), so I like to reflect upon these in my writing, too.

Currently, I work as an undergraduate research assistant in the Metabolic Kitchen and Children’s Eating Behavior Lab, a Penn State research facility that focuses on why children eat what they do. I love so many aspects of the nutritional sciences, but my experience in research has been truly rewarding…I love it! I also volunteer as a nutrition educator through LifeLink PSUfor which I teach nutrition lessons to Penn State students with special needs.

This summer, I will be getting an exciting dose of community nutrition through an internship at the Commission on Economic Opportunity, a community action center based in Wilkes-Barre, PA. I’ll be working as nutrition educator to impart my nutrition knowledge onto Northeastern PA residents of all ages!

I was born and raised in a small Pennsylvania town called Mountain Top (yes, it’s really on top of a mountain). Aside from nutrition, I love to run, work out, be with friends (of course), and cheer on the New York Jets!

If you’d like to know more about me, or my experiences, feel free to e-mail me at mel5369@psu.edu.

Note: The banner image for this website was taken from healthyhappyfitlife.com