Course shells for fall 2017 are now available in Canvas. There will be no course shells in ANGEL for fall. The last day to teach in ANGEL is August 11, and the last day for direct access to ANGEL content is October 31. Faculty and staff who have courses in ANGEL are urged to export a copy of their ANGEL content and/or move them now to Canvas http://bit.do/exportANGELcourse.
To find your course shells, log into Canvas at psu.instructure.com (or click on the yellow “Canvas login” button on the canvas.psu.edu home page) and then click the Courses button on the left navigation bar on the Canvas dashboard.
First-time faculty, seasoned Canvas users, and everyone in between can find helpful resources as they prepare their fall classes in Canvas:
- Reach out to the Canvas Liaison for your college (Cathy Holsing – email@example.com or Jessie Driver – firstname.lastname@example.org) to get connected to necessary resources for success.
- Find a Canvas training session http://canvas.psu.edu/#training led by IT Training Services. Register for the session and time that work for you.
- If you prefer the do-it-yourself approach, visit the Canvas Learning Path https://psu.instructure.com/courses/1741795 and select from among the six modules, each with a specific goal related to enhancing teaching and learning. The Learning Path is available 24/7.
- Read the latest announcements and see how other faculty and staff use Canvas at http://canvas.psu.edu/news-tips/.
- Schedule Virtual Office Hours with the TLT Instructional Support Team http://canvas.psu.edu/tlt-virtual-office-hours/ to get one-on-one help no matter where you are.
- Click on “Help” on the left navigation bar on the Canvas dashboard and choose the avenue that works for you, such as search the Canvas Guides, live chat with Canvas support, or the 24/7 support hotline.
Fall classes begin Monday, August 21, so be prepared and enjoy your summer!