Regionals Part 2

We woke up at 6 am and started to slowly get ready for the competition ahead of us. We went downstairs to see what the wonderful Hampton Inn had to offer. We were able to scrounge up some oatmeal and froot loops for breakfast and then we were back on the bus headed to the competition. My heart was pumping like crazy the entire ride there because I was so nervous about today. I was going into this competition as one of the top seeds and so I was in a pretty good spot to succeed. We got there and started to warm up and cheer on our teammates who were already fencing. When it was finally our time to fence I felt a bit off because my favorite weapon had broken and I felt way too much pressure from my coach to be relaxed. My first pool (and only pool because I sucked) was really rough. I tried to get my head in it but I was fighting myself the entire time. I ended up going 0-5 and not qualifying for NCAAs even after I had a great ass season. It sucks that this one competition is a make or break point for making nationals but you live an you learn. It sucks that I did’t make it but I am just going to win everything next year, regionals and nationals included.