Because The Suspense Was Killing Us.
There comes a time, even for the happiest students in Happy Valley, when a break is simply needed. Summer is the perfect time to catch up with hometown friends, make a little money, get experience with an internship, or simply use it to binge-watch your favorite Netflix shows. However, even when we’re snuggled up and relaxing, there are still some things about Penn State that we can’t wait to get back to.
- The HUB.
– With the infamous new “High School Musical” steps as the center of the newly renovated student union, the HUB is the perfect spot to study, grab some food in between classes, or simply to people-watch. Although back home it might have been hard to nail down a spot to meet up with all of our friends, the HUB is always a Penn Stater’s go-to.
2. Sitting Outside on Old Main Lawn.
– Although Penn State’s climate is chilly for ¾ of the time school is in session, the first few warm weeks back make up for having to suffer through winter. What’s more, we have the most beautiful and photogenic setting for sunbathing after class- it doesn’t get much better than that! Sitting outside on our front lawns at home just doesn’t compare to Old Main lawn.
- Wings Over.
– If you haven’t been to Wings Over, you aren’t a true Penn Stater. One of the only food destinations that will satisfy at literally any time of the day, Wings Over is something we can’t wait to get back to after breaks.
- The Willard Preacher.
– Sure, he might be intimidating and a menace to some, but we can’t forget about one of the trademark people at PSU. Not a day goes by where we don’t see that iconic red sweatshirt and blue jeans combo and realize that’s just one more thing that makes Penn State so unique. Feel like spicing up your morning? Try and have a debate with the guy. Catch him on the campus story!
- The Creamery.
– Ben and Jerry weren’t messing around when they took Penn State’s ice cream production class here. This is another bucket list item for any Penn Stater- although it’s impossible not to go if you’re walking past it. From the obvious choice of ice cream and milkshakes to the famous coffee and bagels for a morning trek to class, the Creamery has got it all. We all scream for ice cream!
- The Dorito Church.
– While we might not know how/when this iconic building got its trademark nickname, the Dorito Church is hands-down one of the most unique things about PSU. It’s the perfect landmark and reference point, and its massive structure will ensure that you can’t miss it. just one more random little detail PSU students take immense pride in!
– This spirited little convenience store has everything a Penn State student could want. From fresh sandwiches and subs, school supplies, or last-minute game day attire, “The ‘Clan” has got you covered. When we’re back from break, this the most likely the destination we’ll hit for getting stocked up for everything we’ll need for a brand new semester.
- Mount Nittany.
– One of the many perks of living in State College? The opportunity to hike the beautiful Mount Nittany. Just a short distance from town, this is the perfect way to get outside and experience the great outdoors- conveniently located in Penn State’s backyard. With the return of students after break and the ability to soak up sunny weather, it’s the perfect way to spend a weekend afternoon!
- Waffle Shop.
– Cruise down College Ave on the weekend and you’re guaranteed to see the line of students waiting for some of the best breakfast and lunch food State College has to offer. It’s fun, fast, and delicious. What’s not to love? A staple in the weekend diet of any true Penn Stater. We can’t wait to be back lined up bright and early again!
- Seeing our 40,000 Best Friends Again.
– Because let’s be honest, laying on the couch gets old after a while, but coming back to State never will.