RCL #10- Ted Talk Presentation

Overall I was pleased with my Ted Talk presentation after watching it. I think my point came across very clear and a lot of people could take advice from it.

In my delivery I was a lot more fluid than I usually am in presentations which was a huge accomplishment for me. One thing I would like to improve on is my mumbling. Sometimes when I would get lost I would mumble which made it hard for me to be heard and made it look  less professional. Another main thing I would change in my presentation is my conclusion. I got so excited that I had finally gotten through my ten tips with little error that I forgot to say my conclusion. This created a big pause in my presentation that bothers me every time I watch it. I think my visuals worked very well and that I don’t use too many hand gestures throughout the presentation. I felt like my tone of voice sounded a little too concerned than it needed to be for the topic I was presenting but it worked overall when it came to getting my point across.

I am most proud of my lack of stumbling over my words and gestures. I think that the recording turned out very well in general and could be used as a Ted Talk online. One thing I really want to change about my presentation is my conclusion, more specifically the long pause before it, like I mentioned before. I was so happy with my presentation up until that moment. For next time I need to keep in mind that my presentation isn’t truly over until I have said my conclusion.

3 thoughts on “RCL #10- Ted Talk Presentation

1. Jack Delaney

I liked the idea of doing ten specific tips, rather than general advice. You did a very good job with your speech, and it would certainly help recruits. And I know the feeling of ending your speech without a conclusion; I did the same exact thing in high school. I was so relieved to be done the body of the speech that I forgot to do my very simple conclusion.

2. rwp150

I really enjoyed your presentation and thought you did a great job. You were very calm and composed throughout and I thought your tone was fine. You got all of your points across effectively and I didn’t notice any slip-ups either. If anything, I would work on speaking a bit louder because I remember your presentation being a big quiet. Otherwise, you did a great job.

3. Ky McCool

I think your ten tips format was good, it was easier to remember, I assume, and therefore you were probably able to be a little more calm throughout it and that showed. You were very thorough and your flow was nice. It’ll only be easier from here.

Have a good break!