Advocacy Assignment Brainstorming

So for the upcoming advocacy assignment, I am torn between two ways to go about my presentation. As of now I am contemplating doing a small movie project or a TED talk presentation. Because I will be discussing a topic that relates to everyone in the class (discussing taxation on products that we all buy), I feel that either type of presentation will suit the assignment. The movie project would be similar to a small documentary on the need for taxation on junk food, and the TED talk would be a persuasive speech. I am also open to any suggestions you audience members may feel might work better with my topic!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Advocacy Assignment Brainstorming

1. Evan Spencer says:

Given your audience, I think either approach would work but I would suggest the TED talk. I think the impressive thing about TED talks is that they make the audience feel involved. A good TED talk isnt so much watched as experienced and I think its advantageous to put a face to an idea rather thanrisking the audience associating an idea with an abstract political movement. While I don’t see that association becoming a problem in our class, you might run in to that issue with a video exposed to a wider audience such as youtube or facebook.

2. Ahmad Moore says:

I am also considering doing TED talk for my advocacy project. I think that you would do well with either route you chose but I perswonally would prefer making a short movie, not considering the fact that I am not too tech savy.