Teddy bears tho..

So as we can all agree, Polar bears are basically the best thing ever….

1-605_Polar_Bears_hd  polar-bear-lounging-1024x768

and I don’t really know how many more pictures I could show you to prove that statement. However you all should be pretty aware of the global crisis that has been going on for the past few years, global warming. This man made problem has caused these cute little guys to lose their natural habitat slowly but surely. The constant increase thermal temperature of the earth combined with the growing pollution rate has caused the polar ice caps to being to melt.

Now when you think of this happening, I’m assuming one of your first thoughts would be, “alright some ice far away is melting…so what?” Well let me tell you the constant pollution is stripping these teddy bears of their homes.

polar-bear-on-ice-flow Polar-Bear-Ice

This loss of a home has made it fairly difficult for polar bears to sustain a normal life. These kind of conditions have caused the decrease in population due to lack of resources of the polar bear, and a strange set of migratory patterns. Information released from the WWF estimate that by 2040 all ice will be melted from the arctic regions, leaving a short amount of time for adaptation. It is guessed that polar bears will become endangered (which they nearly are) and go extinct in the next century or so.

Becoming aware of this problem and creating awareness is the first step to helping solve a problem we as humans caused. Donating money to different organizations designed to improve the habitats of polar bears is another beneficial way to help increase the chance of survival. Another step is just simply taking care of the world. As hippie as this sounds, this is our planet, our responsibility, and we happen to share it with some pretty amazing species of animals that love it and use it just as much as we do. So it is our job to maintain balance so we can all live happily. I mean, who would want this adorable face to disappear?

Twin polar bear cubs in a snow den Polar Bear

Save the teddy bears.

polar_bear_cub_dances_disco_640_high_016bjXk

Thanks guys.

0An9N827

This entry was posted in RCL. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Teddy bears tho..

1. Alyssa L says:

I. Just. Love. Polar. Bears. And hate global warning. As the wise Al Gore once said, “Save the polar bears, man.” He actually definitely did. I think the best ways we can help with this massive problem is by doing the little things we don’t think matters. It does. Small stuff like recycling or donating any amount of money to organizations matter and make a difference. Let’s save the polar bears, guys. Thundercats are go!

2. Meghan McMahon says:

I LOVE TEDDY BEARS. Let’s just take all the polar bears, AND PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

3. Kindra O'Connor says:

Poor little polar bears. I think Alec is right, let’s fight global warming! I think we should start after class…
    But seriously, this is sad. I like polar bears, especially because they are so photogenic. (Did I spell that right?) It’s sad that our own human activity is killing these precious animals. It’s a big red flag that we need to change our ways before it is too late.

4. Alec Raymond says:

WHAAAAAAANNNNN. I DON’T WANT THE POLAR BEARS TO DISAPPEAR!!!! We must do something about this! Lets fight global warming. Polar bears are my favorite of the bears. Maybe we could just move them all to the south pole. Or we could paint them with washable brown paint so they could get use to living in the woods. Then once they re cool we can wash them and turn them back into cute polar bears.