Speech Reflection

First off, congratulations to everyone who went on Tuesday. I thought all the speeches were excellent and our topics were really diverse which helped keep everyone’s attention. Also, everyone seemed well rehearsed and knew what they were talking about. It is very awesome how each of us were able to apply what we have been learning in our class to each of our topics. For those who haven’t gone yet, I am sure each of you will do fine. Remember that this speech is the first one that most of us have ever given in college. When I first went up to the podium, man I was nervous. Then I remembered that everyone else is probably going to feel the same way and I just relaxed and attempted to give the speech I had prepared for so hard the last few days. The thing about speeches is that most of us tend to work ourselves up about messing up that we forget to focus on the speech itself.

Below, I decided to list a few things that I tried to avoid(probably didn’t).

-verbal fillers (umm, well, yeah, )

-talking to fast (this is important becasue your audience can lose you)

-change tone to keep audience engaged

These are just a few things I kept in mind but I am sure all who have yet to go will do great. Remember to have fun with this speech too!