Teamwork (Passion)

As I sit here typing this blog at 3 am, I do it cheerfully with paint covered hands. What am I talking about you may ask? Well, in order to better my fraternity house, me and my brothers have been redoing the basement of our house for the past week and although the nights have been late, they are totally worth it. We have accomplished so much and it was not because of one person, but because have all worked together.

Teamwork is something that is very vital in all aspects of life, but may sometimes be forgotten in the college aspect. When one thinks of college they think about independence and getting good grades all by themselves. Although most hard-work comes from only you, there are still many aspects of college that require teamwork. Whether it be sports, group projects, or bettering your community, big things can only be accomplished with teamwork. It is important to always fine tune your people skills because almost all work environments outside of college require working well with others. College is a great oppertunity to build team skills becasue it presents us with a multicultural environment with oppertunities to grow and work together. Take advantage of them and down the road you will be thanking yourself.

As I finish this project with 22 men, I feel very accomplished. It is so crazy how almost two months ago I had never met any of these people. Look at what we have accomplished now. It seems crazy, but hard-work and dedication do pay off and it is always nicer to reap the rewards with a couple friends.

One thought on “Teamwork (Passion)

1. TJ Sullivan

I definitely agree with you here! It’s great that you pointed out, because I find myself getting trapped in the “college independence” that you speak of. I think it’s invaluable to be able to have the skills to effectively work with other people. Teamwork is just such an essential part of everyday life. Two heads are definitely better than one.