S’mores Frappuccino

One of my favorite “unofficial” seasons of the year is girl-scout cookie season. Because my cousin is a girl scout, every year I purchase numerous boxes of cookies that I indulge in about a day or two. However, this year I will have to satisfy my sweet tooth in a different manner since I will spending girl-scout cookie season at State College (where I do not know how or where to obtain girl-scout cookies). Therefore I decided that this season, rather than eating an excessive amount of S’mores, Thin Mints and chocolate covered pretzels, I would eat and drink an excessive amount of girl-scout cookie flavored treats, like the Starbucks S’mores Frappuccino.

The Starbucks S’mores Frappuccino is perhaps one of the sweetest and most sugary drinks I have ever ordered. However, this drink was one of the most treat-resembling beverages I had ever ordered. I mean, what is a girl-scout cookie without an excessive amount of sugar? The Starbucks S’more Frappuccino tastes exactly like what I expected a S’more to taste. In fact, the only thing this beverage is missing from tasting exactly like a S’more is some coconut flavor or coconut crisp toping. Nevertheless, because this beverage has cinnamon dolce sprinkles, one will still taste that sweet after taste S’mores are known for. Also, the beverage leaves one with a nice crunchy element to eat while one drinks the beverage. Even though this drink is essentially what an icy-blended S’more would taste like, I would not recommend ordering it a size larger than a tall (small) since it is, perhaps, the unhealthiest beverage the Starbucks Secret Menu has to offer.

The Starbucks Tall S’more Frappuccino consists of ordering a Java, or Double Java Chip Frappuccino as a base and adding half a pump of Cinnamon Dolce Syrup and half a pump of Toffee Nut Syrup. Unlike other drink that one can pick whether or not to garnish their beverage with whipped cream and treats, such as chocolate sprinkles, the Starbucks S’more Frappuccino has to be ordered with whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkles in order to ensure that the beverage will have a flavor that will contrast the overpowering chocolate flavor. Therefore, when ordering the Starbucks Tall S’more Frappuccino one has to tell their barista to add these elements in order to ensure that S’more flavor to be present in the beverage. However, if one wants to order this beverage in a bigger size, one must increase the pumps of syrup by one half. In other words, ordering a Grande S’more Frappuccino consists of one pump of Cinnamon Dulce Syrup and one pump of Toffee Nut Syrup, and if one wants to order a Venti S’more Frappuccino one has to add one and a half pump of Cinnamon Dulce Syrup and one and a half pumps of Toffee Nut Syrup.

Work Cited:Starbucks Secret Menu. Starbucks S’mores Frappuccino. Np. Nd. Web. April 10, 2015.

2 thoughts on “S’mores Frappuccino

1. Marisa George

I think that sounds absolutely delicious! Even though I’m pretty sure if I drank that I would be in bed for days sick. This is the first time I have read your passion blog and I think it’s very interesting that you chose Starbucks drinks as your topic. But back to the S’mores drink, thank you for the idea of ordering this drink because I have been really missing Girl Scout cookies this year. All of my friends parents sent them boxes and I was extremely jealous.

2. Matt Keefe

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a more sugary or unhealthy drink, but that sounds amazing. My mom always makes fun of me for eating S’mores Poptarts, but I can’t imagine what she’d say about a S’mores drink. I have to commend whatever Starbucks employee came up with such a good idea, though; “taste testing” for it seems like a good excuse to just do nothing but drink liquid sugar all day. As far as the Girl Scout cookies, I’m with you on the withdrawal. My parents somehow got some boxes a couple months ago and I brought them back to school with me, but my friends found them and my stash was gone in about two days. It was very upsetting and I don’t know how I’m going to get more!