The Multiphysics Modeling and Simulation Group (MMSG) performs research to develop state-of-art analysis tools for nuclear reactor safety analysis. Research areas involve many different aspects of reactor analysis from fuel management and core design to full scale thermal hydraulic analysis of nuclear reactors. Of paramount importance in multiphyics simulations is understanding the feedback parameters between the systems being modeled. One of the focuses of this group is accurately modeling those feedback mechanisms. Areas of particular interest are:
- Advanced Reactor Physics Methods
- Cross Section Modeling Methods for Reactor Analysis
- Implicit Numerical Solution for Coupled Reactor Physics/Thermal Hydraulics
- High Performance Computing for Reactor Analysis
- Coupled CFD/System Code analysis
If you would like more information on the group please contact Dr. Justin Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.