My First Year Experience: Freedom, Food, and Pool

My past two weeks here at Penn State have been incredible. There have been so many new experiences and so many more to come that I am thrilled about.

One aspect in particular I really enjoy is my freedom. I have the power to do whatever I want whenever I want. No one is around to tell me what to do which is exhilarating, but also dangerous. Now that I am in college, I am responsible for my own success and actions. College has so many distractions that can turn you off track from your goals. Now that I am living on my own no one is checking in on me making sure I am on top of all of my work. However, I don’t look at this as a disadvantage, but as a challenge. I want to prove that I can be responsible for my own success. I don’t need the motivation of others to move me- I know what I want and I will achieve it.

girl_or_child_reading_a_book_0515-1002-0104-0834_SMU

On a more delicious note, I love all of the new food here on campus. There are so many options not only in the dining halls, but everywhere in town as well. The smell of all the tasty food from the restaurants in town teases me as I run by them. I have a list of all the places I want to eat at downtown before I leave, those that I haven’t eaten at already.

7iaKMppaT

One last thing I have really enjoyed was going to the pool. It was so much  fun seeing all the kids and getting to cool off and relax after working hard in class. I met some of my friends who I hang out with now at the pool so it was definitely a worth while experience. I will definitely continue going to the pool- maybe eventually I’ll have the guts to go off the high dive!!

pool

I look forward to all of new experiences to come, especially Arts Fest !!

One thought on “My First Year Experience: Freedom, Food, and Pool