My FYE: Office Hours with Professor Nichols

I finally made my way down to 313B in Willard to chat with Professor Nichols. When I first walked into the room the first thing I noticed was the elephant decoration she had on one of her tables. We instantly started talking about our love for elephants and talked about all the different elephant decorations we have all around our homes.

cartoon-elephant-in-love

Professor Nichols and I discussed how important it is to do what I love. This inspired me to take risks, accept challenges, and most importantly, to go after my passion. Because I am a Communications major I am interested in journalism, broadcasting, film, and media, but I don’t know exactly which field I want to study particularly. Professor Nichols was kind and helpful enough to give me the email of a successful alumnae of PSU, Alexis Morgan, who has a background in broadcast journalism, print journalism, PR, and production. Being able to reach out to Alexis will help me figure out exactly which path I want to take in the Communications field so I really look forward to contacting her.

In addition to helping me find out exactly what it is I want to study here, Professor Nichols and I also discussed my last test. She provided me with feedback and advice of ways to help me be more prepared for future tests. Meeting with Mrs. Nichols was extremely beneficial and I am glad our first meeting was mandatory because I will definitely be going back again!

One thought on “My FYE: Office Hours with Professor Nichols