Dewitt Jones – Celebrate What’s Right With the World

I loved this video by Dewitt Jones on his experience with change! In particular I enjoyed his shoot at Marine World. There he found an awesome opportunity to shoot a candid shot of a little kid standing in front of the dancing fountains. The little kid stood with his hand on the water spout ready for what was going to come next. In that moment Mr. Jones described a moment of “celebrating what’s right with the world” stating, “it not only keeps us open to possibilities, it gives us energy.” Mr. Jones explains in these moments that we as individuals are able to get rid of everything else and allow ourselves to fall in love with the moment. Here is where find our passions and what excites us he explains.

In another portion of the video Mr. Jones quotes Michelangelo stating, “I saw an angel in the stone and carved to set it free.” Mr. Jones explains in perspectives like these of the world we, “celebrating what’s right, we find the energy to fix what’s wrong.” Mr. Jones goes on to explain, “the right vision. It keeps us open to possibilities, it gives us energy, and it makes us much more accepting of change. Change. As a photographer, I pray for change. I get down on my knees and beg the weather or the wind or the light to do its thing. It was the status quo that would make my pictures boring and redundant.”

He is truly right! Change is what makes life exciting and worth living. It’s what brings us love, growth, reflection, and new life figuratively and physically.