Advocacy Project Update: African Library Project Website

So far, I’ve set up the homepage for my advocacy project website. I went to the Student Activities & Affairs Office at the HUB yesterday to set up the official web space and URL: http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/alp/

The Blogs @ PSU website format was really hard to edit (I couldn’t figure out how to remove the chicken picture!!), so I decided to move the site to wix.com and have people just be redirected from the psu.edu homepage. A lot of content still needs to be added, but so far I’ve added the the basic layout and a couple of pages. Right now, the site has an About page, a club calendar, and a contact form with some information about the club officers. I also created a slideshow on the front page with photographs from some of the libraries ALP has been able to help in the past. In addition, I set up a video gallery with some information about the national organization.

Here is a preview of what I’ve worked on so far:

preview

I plan on adding more information later about how many libraries we’ve been able to help start and what other student organizations we were able to work with in the past like the Shreyer Honors College Literacy Committee. I also want to post an image gallery and information about how we pack and ship the books in a FAQ section.

To help spread awareness, I also used a Google Search Engine Optimization tool so that the site will be easily search-able. I also plan on sharing the site URL on Facebook and other online platforms.

This entry was posted in Real Talk, Works In Progress and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.