Merlin

Merlin

My all time favorite TV show is Merlin, which is a British fantasy-adventure program. This series consists of 5 seasons and it recently ended in 2013. The story is based on Arthurian legends of the wizard Merlin and his relationship with Prince Arthur Pendragon but the episodes twist the traditional story by adding adventure and action into it. The story is set in the kingdom of Camelot where Merlin is sent by his mother to train under court physician Gaius due to his special powers. There Merlin discovers that King Uther of Camelot had banned the use of magic for the past 20 years and anybody caught using magic was to be killed immediately. The episodes portray the growing friendship between King Uther’s son Prince Arthur and Merlin and how they try to defend Camelot from danger and evil. I enjoy watching this show because it contains elements of fantasy and takes the viewer into a world filled with magic, mystery and adventure. The story captures the viewer’s attention as it keeps them guessing what danger Merlin and Arthur will have to face and if that danger could lead to either one’s death. I enjoy watching this show because periodic stories interest me and this series also contains romance.

Below is a link to the Season 1 trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPxq3myiQF0