Join our NCTS training staff for Tech Bites! Tech Bites are short topic technology sessions paired with a yummy treat, like a snack sized lunch and learn!
All sessions will be from 11-11:30 AM and will follow the schedule below:
- January 12th – Microsoft Excel Shortcuts
- January 26th – Mail Merge Emails
- February 9th – Creating PDF Forms
- February 23rd – Creating in Canva
- March 9th – Microsoft Word vs. Microsoft Publisher
- March 23rd – What does your font choice say?
- April 13th – Microsoft Excel Sparklines
- April 27th – Video Conferencing at Penn State
- May 11th – Creating Infographics
- May 25th – Presenting Prezi
Registration is preferred. Let us know if you’ll be joining us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Penn State Canvas team is gathering information on which third-party learning tools faculty and staff would like to be able to use in the Learning Management System. These applications include integrations from textbook publishers, participation tools, assessments, and others.
Those interested in providing input on which tools can do so via a form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezyXp9RAe9rDT8Zu1z1AgoIpa4I0IU1YH5EUlfpuxEuctCfQ/viewform. Faculty and staff will need to provide the team with the name of the tool and whether it is known to work with the Canvas LMS. A list of functional integrations with Canvas can be found in the Edu App Center at https://www.eduappcenter.com/.
According to the Canvas team, “All submissions will be reviewed, vetted and prioritized by the LMS Academic Transition Steering Committee and the Canvas Project Team.” The results of this process will be added to the goals of Tier 3 in the Canvas integration process, slated to be addressed in 2017.
A listing of current PSU Canvas integrations and their status can be found at http://canvas.psu.edu/transition-information/integrations/.