I hope everyone had a great summer and is excited about the start of a new semester. We’ve had several changes in the Nutritional Sciences department this summer related to academic advising. At the start of most years, students who have recently declared the major are often assigned a new academic adviser. So, it is possible you are working with a different adviser this term. In addition, we have a new adviser, Dr. Cindy Adams who is taking over the position formerly held by Mrs. Kelly. You may still see Mrs. Kelly around as she is now working with the online Master’s program. Dr. Corwin retired this summer and her advisees will be working with Dr. Gernand. We are excited to have Dr. Adams join the advising team.
Things to do now:
- Subscribe to the advising blog – and tell your friends to do this if they aren’t already subscribed. We post important information related to courses, academics, internships, and jobs here.
- Locate your adviser information on lionpath and plan a time to meet.
Important dates for Fall semester:
- Leave of Absence Deadline – August 18
- Intent to Graduate Activation – Open now until September 5 (lionpath)
- Classes begin at UP – August 21
- Regular Drop Deadline – August 26, 11:59 PM (Saturday)
- Regular Add Deadline – August 27, 11:59 PM (Sunday)
Important dates for Spring semester registration:
- The Schedule of courses will be posted on September 1, 2017
- You can begin adding courses to your shopping cart on September 20.
- Registration for Spring semester starts October 4 for priority students, Regular registration begins October 11. Your exact registration date can be found on lionpath.
Have a Great Semester!!