Who We Are
The One Heart Campaign is a movement founded by students at The Pennsylvania State University to raise awareness and funds for the prevention of child sexual abuse. Child sexual abuse plagues our society every single day, and we believe that it is time to stand up and fight this issue. We are partnering with numerous student organizations on campus to start a month long campaign to spread awareness and support for the victims of child sexual abuse and raise funds for effective prevention programs. We intend the One Heart Campaign to grow into an annual philanthropic movement at Penn State, returning each April.
- PCAR is the oldest anti-sexual violence coalition in Pennsylvania
- Oversees and supports 50 rape crisis centers serving all 67 counties
- Supports The Centre County Women’s Resource Center (one of the 50 rape crisis
centers), which is located on Allen Street
- Provides materials, training, funding, etc. to rape crisis centers
- PCAR’s Vision of Hope Fund- specifically for child sexual abuse prevention
For more information about PCAR’s Vision of Hope Fund, please visit
To donate to our campaign, click on the “Donate Now” tab and when
prompted be sure to recognize that your donation is in support of the
One Heart Campaign.
One Heart’s Lighting The Way Fun Run / Walk kicks off Sexual Violence Awareness Week on Saturday April 6. The run begins at 2PM on the Business Building lawn, and the run is entirely on campus. The first 125 runners to register will receive free customized water bottles and wrist bands. Please wear a navy blue shirt if possible!
- Please visit www.theirhope.org and click “Donate Now”
- Make a donation of $10 to register
- When prompted, be sure to indicate if you are participating in the 4K or 6K
The 4K run is symbolic of the statistic that 1 in 4 girls will be sexually victimized before age 18
The 6K run is symbolic of the statistic that 1 in 6 boys will be sexually victimized before age 18
Online registration will close at 3:00PM on Friday April 5, but we will have a couple computers and donation boxes at our registration tables before and during the event, so you can register on the day of the event as well.
Help us to change these startling statistics for the better!
The four founders of the campaign: