This legendary trip to Puerto Rico is one of the most amazing trips PSOC has done in the past ten years. HOLY AMAZING WEATHER BATMAN!!! The trip had some occaisonal bouts of rain, like 4 people cuddling under a two person tarp kind of nights, but this is normal for peurto rico. It was amazing!! just plan for wet and warm but bring some changes of things. A sample of the things that make this just trip legendary:
- Making reservations at a Hostel for ‘David’ completely in spanish, having never taking a single spanish lesson and actually having the rooms be there when you arrive!!!!!
- Franz climbing a tree (very safely, obviously) to shake the branches in order to drop oranges to eat.
- Getting to the top of El Yunce.
- Meeting the North Carolina basketball team on tour.
- The boat that almost exploded on its way to the island Culebra.
- The crazy pseudo expatriates that rented out stolen bicycles.
- Some of the best snorkeling.
- Sleeping on one of the worlds top 50 beaches.
Even when it is winter in the states it’s very warm in Peurto Rico. So plan to either stash your winter clothes in the states or carry everything with you. You also have to prepare EVERY leg of transportation before you go as Buses, Faries and cabs don’t always arrive on time, at all, or even work to begin with. Oh! oh! oh! and get the ‘pan de le something’ its bassicaly fried bread with butter, very good! and very good for hiking.
(lucky) Members in Attendance:
- Adam “my stomach is gonna digest itself” Sheletsky
- Brynn “haha” Biddle
- Kathryn “safety officer” Hegarty
- Daniel “speak spanish” McIntosh
- Franz “yeah right” Lichtner
- Sam “entiendamendaoamoes” Carpenter