- A report detailing how the OVPIT Strategic Plan aligns with the University’s strategic plan was submitted to the Department of Planning and Institutional Research on September 16. Our submission explains how OVPIT’s goals and initiatives fit into two of Penn State’s thematic priorities: Transforming Education and Driving Digital Innovation. The document also outlines the role OVPIT plays in Infrastructure and Support, one of the University’s supporting elements.
- Strategy sponsors and leaders have been recording their progress on action plans since the April update requested by the Provost. An ITS progress report will be available in February, 2016.
April 16, 2015
- Since February, strategy sponsors and leaders developed their action plans. These plans were collected, turned into updates, and then submitted to the Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment on April 15, 2015.
February 10, 2015
- Strategy sponsor and leader on-boarding session will be held Friday, February 13, from 3-5pm in the Annex conference room. Session outcomes will be posted.
January 6, 2015
- ITS received its Information Technology Services_Feedback from the central reviewers. This feedback will be reviewed and our initial kickoff strategies will be adjusted as necessary by the strategy leaders and sponsors. Overall, the feedback was very good.
- An on-boarding session for strategy sponsors and leaders is being scheduled.
December 3, 2014
November 18, 2014
- Senior Leadership Team (SLT) identified the top five “kick-off” strategies and assigned strategy leaders and sponsors
- Climate & Diversity Team developed criteria and prioritized the “diversity” strategies
August 27, 2014
- Shared the ITS plan with the IT Leadership Council
- Senior Leadership Team (SLT) is finalizing criteria for strategy prioritization
- Currently SLT is working to understand operational commitments that will affect resource allocation to strategies
August 12, 2014
- Strategic plan submitted on July 1 and website created
- Plan contains 25 goal-related strategies, 13 diversity-related strategies and 11 sustainability-related strategies
- Currently in discussions with Senior Leadership Team regarding criteria for prioritizing the strategies for implementation as well as preferred characteristics and necessary resources for strategy leader selection
- Full staff discussion will be held at all staff in late October