Now that all of the preparation for the study and all of the conference stuff is over, recruitment and running participants is in full swing! And it is exhausting! With previous studies that I have worked on through Dr. Jackson, I have at the most had to work on scheduling people for when I was available to meet them in the lab. For this study, I’m in charge of the whole process, which is empowering, but also tiring. I have hung flyers all over both the main part of campus and the North Campus, which is where my department is located. I have also spent several afternoons handing out flyers and asking different people around campus, “Would you be interested in participating in a Language Study?” I have also visited several classrooms to promote my study, so I am definitely keeping myself busy. It has been a great experience to have to put myself out there and ask people to participate in my study, knowing that they will likely/possibly reject me, but each time I do it, it gets a little easier. And whenever someone does say yes, it makes the next one that much easier! I didn’t think that the flyers were going to bring too many people in, so I really focused on talking to people, but the flyers have given me a steady, yet small audience, so now I have a good flow of people for each week. Hopefully, I will be able to finish up my recruitment by next week!

Braunschweig circa 1200

Lab Meeting

Lennon Wall in Prague