Jackie: Adieu, Tarragona – May We Meet Again Soon

I cannot bring myself to wrap my mind around the fact that this is my last PIRE blog entry. I remember stepping out of the taxi and into my new residence. I remember my first time getting lost inside the city. I remember my first time walking around Placa de la Font -...

read more

Jackie: So Many Countries Yet So Little Time

I can officially say I have seen the beauty of both France and Germany!!! The past 2 weeks have been so full of adventure, and I'm sad to say I only have 2 more weeks left of my PIRE trip. Two weeks ago, I spent a weekend in Paris. I saw the Mona Lisa, Luxembourg...

read more

Jackie: Never Leaving Europe. You Can’t Make Me. Nope.

So I've been quite busy since my last post! I'll start with the (somewhat) bad news first, and then move on to the good stuff. Unfortunately, I experienced 3 CANCELLATIONS WITHIN 2 DAYS. C'MON PEOPLE. I was so excited to finally be done recording. My goal was to have...

read more

Jackie: A Packed Week of Participants!

Bon Dia! So I never thought I would EVER be spending so much time in a lab! I've been recording participants every day from about 10 am - 2 pm every day. It feels pretty cool to be able to conduct an experiment all by myself. Anyways, I always manage to find some sort...

read more

Jackie: Barcelona –> Tarragona –> Salou

A lot of things have happened since my last post! I'm currently in the lab waiting for a participant to come in, and she is currently 8 minutes late. So I am assuming she's not coming, but I have some time to waste. My parents and brother actually came to visit me in...

read more

Jackie: My First Weekend Among the Catalonians

So I have not posted in a while, but I honestly had such a lovely weekend here. I met with Marianna last Friday and we toured the Catalunya campus, which is where I will be doing all of the recording. It's definitely not like Penn State in the least bit. It's just a...

read more

Jackie: The amount of times I got lost today…

Have no fear everyone, I'm still alive and well here in Tarragona. The amount of times I got lost today is actually so embarrassing and I would never wish my state of confusion upon anyone! So last night was very chill. I had dinner and talked to a few people who are...

read more

Jackie: I have finally arrived!

Ahhhhhh! I'm actually writing my first blog post and this feels so surreal. I remember submitting my PIRE proposal like it was just yesterday. Well, anyways, my traveling adventures started on Tuesday evening, May 12th, at approximately 6:55 pm. My plane took off just...

read more