Attendees: Baxter, Mrsa, Brewer, Donna, LaLonde, Bodovski, Meehan, Vender.
- Chris Capelli (esri) is coming October 7th. Meeting with Dr. Brewer’s students as well as others.
Ryan Baxter Updated on the PA State Legislature Geospatial Board.
- PASDA is part of the talk and it’s Chaired by state CIO
- This is an Open meeting.
- PASDA is Celebrating 20 years!
Library got Digital Sanborn Maps Geo Edition. Digital Sanborn maps for cities outside of PA.
Parents weekend is October 15th. There will be an alumni career panel and networking session as well as an APG meeting. This website has more information.
- The next NAICS meeting is happening on October 19-22nd in Colorado Springs, CO. This years “Practical Cartography Day” will be streamed live for members.
- The Call for Papers is out for the 2017 Esri UC.
- The 28th International Catrographic Conference will take place in Washington DC on July 2-7th, 2017. Deadline for abstracts is October 26th.
- PennBay and Concept 3d (Campus Bird) will be here for Campus Map meetings on October 12 – 13. Folks who are interested in participating should reach out to Barb Dulclos (BJD19@psu.edu).
Esri Enterprise Site License Agreement (ELA) Update: Mike Mrsa
- Site license has been renewed and we will need to come up with a plan for how ArGIS online Organizational Accounts will be handled and distributed.
- How do we determine how organizational accounts will be broken out?
- How many users for each account?
- How are classes handled?
- How does this all tie into desktop licensing and ArcGIS Pro?
- Mike Mrsa will be pulling a group together to discuss this. Policy needs to be defined.
- Updated user agreements will go out to current users next month.
GIS Day Update
- Plans are coming together for the events on November 14th and 15th.
- Folks from Blue Raster will be giving the Keynote speech.
- There will be information booths, career panel, keynotes speakers and lightning talks.
- There will be drawing for a gift certificate and a networking reception on Monday 5-630PM.
Next Meeting is November 9th, 4PM, Whiskers Lounge at the Nittany Lion Inn.