Attendees: D. Goldberg, T. LaLonde, A. Santos, P. Garbini, E. Gowen, R. Phillips, R. Baxter, Y. Bodovski, J. Vender, H. Ross, N. Piekielek,
- Next meeting will be July 18. Pickles Tap Room
- Campus was flown in April. Leaf Off, .15 foot resolution
- LIDAR was flown too.
- Will be available this summer on PASDA
- Talked about the technical representatives and how the relate to UC passes
- Who are all of the tech contacts? How many do we have?
- ESRI tech reps need to be held accountable. Free pass means you have to complete XYZ.
- Esri contacts were on campus a few weeks back. We have new higher ed reps who are eager to help out.
- Contact info will be provided.
- Penn Bay is working on facility data. Using In-vision.
Lots of issues with location IDs and the naming schema, which will be changed.Building number is the unique ID.
- LionPath is driving this because of schema issues.
- Major facility information updates are tedious and holding things up.
- There is an effort to include outdoor spaces in the system.
- Campus Bird is in purchasing.
- They will be done in a few months. Open street map in process.
- Geography of Civil Rights movements is the theme for this year.
- General Plan:
- Hoping to move to Friday of geography awareness week
- Reception at the EMS gallery
- Geog coffee hour in Walker building.
- Lighting talks can still happen in Foster Auditorium.
- Who is the audience? Students, anyone who is interested in using GIS.
- Community building and outreach are our goals.
- How can we attract new people to the community?
- Low cost way of seeing what GIS is, or how it can be used.
- Market as something other than GIS day?
- Rebrand GIS day? Drones, big data, data visualization?