PENN STATE ONLINE GIS CLASSES
Here is a list of the online geospatial education offerings at Penn State. This comprehensive list includes geography and geodesign offerings.
GIS and GIS systems are used in our everyday lives. Here at Penn State we have several academic programs that utilize GIS.
Environmental Resource Management: https://agsci.psu.edu/erm
Landscape Architecture: https://stuckeman.psu.edu/larch
Penn State offers many opportunities for undergraduate students to participate in research and creative endeavors. Working with faculty mentors, undergraduates engage in active learning in the laboratory, library, studio, and field. Through these experiences, students share in the excitement of discovery, develop important skills, and explore career choices. They get to know faculty members and connect with a disciplinary community. Many publish, perform, exhibit, or present their work, sharing it with audiences beyond Penn State.
Penn State’s Higher Education Site License for Esri GIS software products includes an Esri Training Subscription. This subscription entitles Penn State faculty members, staff members, and students free access to some online courses on the Esri Training site.
- Visit the Penn State ArcGIS Online Organization, click “Penn State Webaccess”, and log in using your PSU username and password.
- Visit https://www.esri.com/training/.
- Click Sign In. (You may need to sign out of a previous account in order to log in with your PSU account.)
- Choose Enterprise Login (DO NOT enter a Username and Password).
- Type “pennstate” in the box to complete the organization’s URL (pennstate.maps.arcgis.com).
- Click Continue.
- Click “Penn State Web Access”.
- Log in using your PSU username and password.