September 3

Idea for Passion Blog

I’d never given much thought to law, given the fact that I was a self proclaimed goody two shoes and that my most accurate representation of law came from primetime TV. To me the law was simply words written down that we automatically followed. It wasn’t until I took a class during my first semester senior year of high school that I started to think about the law and the concept of justice. The class, Civil Liberties and Constitutional Law, was purely a discussion based class where everyday we debated a new issue, court case, or news story. Luckily for me my section of the class had some of the most outgoing, boisterous, and opinionated people. Some days I felt as though I was watching a tennis match across the table. One to usually be on the more reserved side, I was fascinated by the passion and voices expressed in that class.

Given my quiet demeanor, my teacher would always make an effort to call on me and wouldn’t let the class leave until I said something. Needless to say that when we had class last period or before lunch I made some friends quite angry. But all in all, I would leave class with a new outlook on the law and what it means to be subject too and responsible for it.

I don’t know why I felt this topic could be the one for my passion blog, but whenever I tried to brainstorm other ideas this is the one topic I kept coming back to. There just seemed to be a left over pull from that class and a need to further flush out my ideas.

For the structure of the blog, I will either take a case that is currently in the news or of recent debate, or may follow the schedule that my class did and analyze an amendment from the Bill of Rights every week!

I guess it’ll really be a blog about me trying to figure out the reasoning behind certain laws and trying to find a balance between opinions; to analyze morals.

Posted September 3, 2016 by paw5281 in category Uncategorized