Healthy Students Information

Finding help in Happy Valley

More than half of all college students report feeling hopeless, while over a quarter of college students feel overwhelming anxiety. There are few things that can affect your academic performance like struggling with maintaining mental health. If you feel hopeless, or you feel any other symptoms of mental illness or struggle, there is help for you. And please do ask for help—the sooner you do, the sooner you may find relief. Looking for help can be daunting, especially if you aren’t feeling well. Reach out to someone you trust who might be willing to connect you with resources. I am not a doctor, counselor or psychotherapist, but I will help you find someone who is. Be in touch if you need that kind of support.


CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services): Provides support and help for an array of concerns, from relationship issues to suicidal feelings.


National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or you can go to their site and chat online.


Centre County CAN HELP: 1-800-643-5432. Provides immediate crisis intervention, as well as referrals to hospitals or other medical and counseling assistance, community resources. CAN HELP can send mental health professionals to you to help assess a serious crisis situation and provide the appropriate resources. CAN HELP should not be a substitute for dialing 911 if the situation is life-threatening.


The Centre County Women’s Resource Center: 1-877-234-5050/814-234-5050. 24 hour hotline supporting women and men who have experienced relationship violence or sexual violence. CCWRC provides crisis help, legal advocacy, counseling, and medical advocacy.