Advocacy Poster

Guys! I am having some trouble trying to get creative for my advocacy project. I obviously wanna do a really good job at it but creativity is not my strength. The idea I have in mind now is to do a poster with someones beer gut and another person muffin top and show how like alcohol, well beer in particular can do this to you. I would have some facts on the poster but I feel like maybe that’s not enough and I can find a way to make it more creative. My persuasive essay’s audience is Penn State students therefore I my audience for this poster would be Penn State students as well. If anyone has any better ideas I would really appreciate it!

This entry was posted in work in progess. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Advocacy Poster

1. Tom Stowe says:

Definitely think you are off to great start but maybe you could do multiple things. Create posters that is interesting, engaging, and fun. But also translate those facts onto a flyer that you can hand out in the HUB. That way at least you have the poster that can grab people’s attention and the flyer they can take home some of the fun facts. Also if you really make the posters interesting and funny I think it could be really successful. For example, maybe do some pop up stuff or have it where you can peel the man’s beer belly back and see different types of beer and say how much weight a couple cans of beer can add on average to a person. Just one idea, but if you make it interesting than I think your audience would be much more receptive.

2. Eli Sheintoch says:

I’m assuming you’re taking a stance on drinking too much, and since drinking is such a large culture here, you should probably make the poster’s fun and not too extreme. Knowing your audience will play a crucial role in this issue.

3. Katie Bell says:

I love Jessica’s idea of channeling your inner trainer and nutritionist and putting together a fitness and meal plan of your own!! Maybe you could post it on Facebook, make flyers to hand out, or maybe e-mail it out to organizations? Also, you could definitely present it either through flyers or a poster at the advocacy fair.

4. Lori Bedell says:

I think, if the posters are really smart and well done, they’ll be fine for the scope of this. But they have to be conceived in a clear, campaign-style that uses smart visual rhetoric.

5. Jessica Lilley says:

I like the idea of a poster, but I feel like it isn’t enough for this particular project, specifically because you have a topic that you could really expand on. Have you considered maybe creating your own fitness plan, like a three week workout that incorporates strength and cardio training? You could also construct a sample meal plan. I know a lot of healthy habits, and unhealthy ones, begin in the family home and school for children at a young age; maybe you could create a sample gym class routine to get kids interested in fitness, and a more nutritious cafeteria lunch menu? Just some ideas.