Home » Uncategorized » TED Talk

TED Talk

When I gave my TED talk, I felt that there was even more pressure then there was for our speeches. It was hard to forget the fact that I was being recorded, and this caused me to mess up at the end of my speech. My impression of my speech was that I was relatively interesting, and gave my speech well, except when I failed to give a proper ending.

Most other people talked about topics that were not inherently interesting to me, but they were able to imbue some of their passion about the topic into their speech. The visual aides I saw were relatively well done, and they were never distracting from the speech, and usually helped the speaker get their points across, even if they didn’t necessarily use any complicated aides, like a sound or video file in their powerpoint.

Though I could tell most of the speakers were nervous before they gave their talk, and directly after they gave their talk, they managed to hide it very well during their actual talk, or at least once they got started with the talk.

I too was nervous, but felt that I was able to hide it better than I had in my previous presentation in this course, even though I was now being recorded. You can judge for yourself, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fTBB5nqAu4&feature=youtu.be

Tags: , ,

2 Comments

1. dili optim says:

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…

2. Sol says:

Hello there Stephen Elliot. I just got a letter dated 1/19/12 from Lorelie Lee in an envelope from you. We have no idea whatsoever how I got on your list. But I’ll write Lorelie again (a real letter, even), because it was pretty fucking brave of her to write that.

Post a Comment