Paradigm Shift Essay Ideas

I’ll be honest – I haven’t had as much time as I would’ve like to reflect on and analyze my potential paradigm shift essay topics. I had four midterms over the past week, so the bulk of my free time was spent studying for exams. But y’all knew I wouldn’t flake out altogether and forget about this blog entry.

I don’t know whether my ideas qualify as a “radical change in ideological orientation,” but I think they have contextual merit in the way they’ve fundamentally transformed the we think about things as humans, which is why I’ve decided to include them. Of course, nothing mentioned in this post has been finalized… blah, blah, blah… feedback would be appreciated.

Impact Investing and Socially Conscious Capitalism 

When most people hear the word philanthropy, they think about some wealthy socialite who organizes fancy galas that fundraise millions of dollars. (OK, that’s a slight generalization but you get the picture). Quite frankly, it can be hard for the average American to donate money to charitable organizations, since many people don’t have the fiscal resources to make it viable.

Well, at least that’s how it used to be. Impact investing and socially conscious capitalism have dramatically altered the landscape and structure of charity, making it more feasible – in some cases, even lucrative – to finance institutions that seek to actualize social change.

Perhaps the most intriguing feature of this model is that, from an economic perspective, it’s mutually beneficial to both parties involved.  There’s an inherent emotional utility to donating, but now it’s possible to reap tangible rewards just from investing in causes that people care about.

Who knew you could get rich by being a nice guy?

Advanced Statistical Modeling and Big Data Analytics

Y’all couldn’t have possibly thought that I’d forget about the paradigm shift that is the very basis of my passion blog. Advanced metrics have certainly revolutionized the world of sports statistics, but more importantly, they’ve played an instrumental role in big data analysis.

Big Data Analytics is an emerging field that deals with the organization, deconstruction, and evaluation of large sets of information. Using complex algorithms and computational programming, statisticians have developed ways to assess and track underlying patterns within broader data pools.

Just think about the applications. Through these statistical models, scientists have been able to better cure disease, identify population trends, create robust economic plans, and so much more.

Big Data has already changed the way we interpret the world around us, and it represents the future of scientific research.

Comments? Suggestions? Thoughts?