Advocacy Project.

As I have been discussing this topic in my Civics blog, I would want to focus my Advocacy project on bringing back relevance to the field of Liberal Arts. I was someone who chose this topic, with the idea of condemning of this kind of education, until I realised that the condemnation of this kind of an education gave a message with a hidden meaning. Not only are we condemning a certain form of art, but also all that contains in it, teaching students that critical thinking, writing abilities or history is not as important as the STEM subjects. This is a matter of reviving a dying cause, a culture that will soon meet its end due to evolution in people’s priorities.

Perhaps, one of the first steps is for the government funds, for such colleges, to be increased upon and developed upon and to promote effective career choices. Without an effective liberal arts understanding, one may not be able to develop skills that pertain to one’s own understanding of the world they live in . Such a policy should be directed towards the US department of Education. Perhaps, pure liberal arts college should be changed into something that can help a student secure an effective job, so as to not end up in a life of debt.

The statistics I’m looking at is the dying number of employment for liberal art majors and how the education department can work towards increasing endowment to such fields or work towards making liberal art majors more technical and hands on. The liberal arts concept arises from the hippie ideology of doing one’s own thing and as this idea is being torn down, we’re losing out on this sense of individuality and expanding one’s thinking and perception of the world.

2 thoughts on “Advocacy Project.”