Ideas for Passion Blog/ “This I Believe”/ Civic Issues

THIS I BELIEVE IDEA: Small actions lead to big changes…

imgres“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” Gandhi

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Gandhi

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Obama

Quotes such as these render the concept that we were put on this planet to do something. We have some purpose to serve, not ourselves, but the people and the world around us. This concept of making a difference may seem simple but often we fail to accomplish this phenomenon. I was raised to understand that we are here on this planet to contribute, not to take, but to give. As a small girl I was exposed to a starfish. My life was changed by the starfish and the story of the starfish. One small act of kindness can go a long way. My parents often referred to me as their “starfish,” this artifact represented the idea that I am here for a reason; I believe we all are here for some purpose. We are here to serve, to give, and to make a difference.

PASSION BLOG IDEA:

imgres-1I am going to continue my blog on my passion for horseback riding. My experiences with horses are on-going and not close to ending, therefore, I still have many stories and anecdotes to share about my life with horses. My passion for them is strong, and I enjoy writing about the horses because it is something that has been a part of my entire life journey. Each story I have some message to share, and I like being able to tie this message back to my greatest passion.

CIVIC ISSUES BLOG: Two main ideas to write about…

Environment: Climate change; some believe this issue exists while others deny the science behind climate change.
imagesDiversity in Hollywood; Awards shows held every year have recently been questioned for favoring white actors and actresses when choosing the recipient of the award. Particularly, the Oscars caused controversy over just this past year. This imgres-2issue is now widely talked about in Hollywood. Various articles, social media posts, and newspapers covered this topic at length about both sides of the controversial issue.

One thought on “Ideas for Passion Blog/ “This I Believe”/ Civic Issues

1. This seems like a strong introduction to your podcast! The quotes will surely grab listeners’ attention. While I can resonate with the theme here, it will be important to try to steer away from making it sound cliche. I was a little confused on what you were trying to say with the starfish, but you are going in the right direction in sharing an anecdote. Maybe to help specify your relation to the starfish, you can give more details when you first encountered a starfish- what was going through your mind, how you felt connected to it, etc..
    I think this is a great topic that will be relatable to many. Good luck with finishing it!